2013 Sporting Clays Information
BSCC Sporting Clays are open to club members and the public is very welcome.
Cost for a round of 50 clay pigeons is $12.00 for BSCC members and $15.00 for non-members. Youth (17 yrs old and younger) can shoot for $5.00.
We shoot a 10-station walking course in a beautiful setting that changes every week. Shooters may shoot each station as singles, report pairs, or true pairs based upon their skill and preference. Upon occasion, we will shoot 5-stand and flurries.
Sporting Clays goals include sharpening our shooting skills, camaraderie, and safety. We welcome beginners, and design the course so that the shots are not too hard or too easy for the average shooter. The more skilled shooters that join us are always willing to share their knowledge and experience. Many of our shooters reload their ammunition and can introduce other shooters to this enjoyable pastime. After the shoot we meet at the clubhouse to share snacks, refreshments, and stories.
- Winter/Spring Schedule- The following Sundays promptly at 1:00 pm.
February 10th and 24th
March 10th and 24th
April 14th and 28th
- Summer Schedule- The following Thursdays from 5:30 pm to 8:00pm.
May 10th through September 19th
- Shooting squads assemble at 5:15 pm. Late arriving shooters will be accommodated until 6:15 pm. Food and refreshments are available at a nominal cost on the 3rd shoot each month. Every effort will be made to shoot on each of these dates, weather permitting.
- Each shooter will be assigned to a squad of 3-6 shooters. It will take approximately two hours to complete the ten-station course.
- Extreme heat or cold weather is being handled by a shortened course which still offers the same shooting opportunities but less walking.
- Shooters should come with hearing protection, eye protection (sunglasses are sometimes needed), their gun, at least 50 rounds of ammunition (a couple of spare rounds are useful in case of misfires) and a shooting vest or ammunition bag to gather their spent hulls.
- New shooters are always welcome. Please identify yourself as a new shooter to the Range Captain(s) so you can be assigned to a squad with some experienced shooters. Our goal is for everyone to be safe and have fun.
- Shooters age 16 and under must show Firearm Safety Certificate to shoot.
- All shooters must read and abide by the club's Sporting Clay Rules posted in the Rifle Range building.
- Shooters are encouraged to
join the BSCC. Membership information is available from Range Captains, at
the rifle shooting building or click on the BSCC Membership Form link.
- Contact information:
Contact at DJ Jasmer 951-5706 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions on Sporting Clays.
- We hope you enjoy your shooting
experience at the Byron Sportsmen & Conservation Club and thank you
for your support.